When DJs start playing at several venues, it is to be considered that they have mastered their basic skills. While some DJs won’t care to learn new skills in order to broaden their base, others want to outshine by learning new things which the audience thrive for. DJs basically loves by playing in front of the crowd and don’t really want to come out of their comfort zone and play something unique which the world will love to hear.
- It is essential to know what event you are going to play next; this will help you in preparing yourself in accordance with the event. It will also help you win, letting yourself prepared for the event so that you know what you are doing.
- Interaction with the crowd is another important factor to consider as it will help yourself stay connected. Moreover, it is important that you have provided a good impression on the audiences as nobody likes a boring DJ. Try to be more expressive, and you can do this by practicing more and more to open out in the crowd.
- A DJ scratch is another most interesting things that you should consider. It is often loved by crowds, and you will even receive a lot of compliments for this from the crowd. DJ scratch is something which is different, and it will help you to stand out among other DJs and create your image.
- Mixing is another important thing that you should consider. You will have several tools to feature different tracks to get them mixed. However, it is vital that you should have knowledge of choosing tracks so that you can create something good out of them.
- Try to not to mess up with faders excessively as constant messing of the faders won’t sound good. Therefore, it is recommended to check how does it sound before you are playing it at an event.
- Try to improve your mixing skills by playing various genres, and in fact, it is considered a great technique. As every genre has its own way and when you create something new by mixing these different genres that it will definitely produce something interesting, provided you should know about mixing.
- You can include FX in your sets as it is entertaining to have them. Mainly, the use of FX is for transition or to cover up poor beatmatching.
All these tips will help you create something which comes under the top 100 songs and let you succeed in your career.